Thursday, October 6, 2011

CE: Typhoon in Philippines

 Full story click here
 MANILA, Philippines -- Rescuers scrambled Sunday to deliver food and water to hundreds of villagers stuck on rooftops for days because of flooding in the northern Philippines, where back-to-back typhoons have left at least 59 people dead.
So this is what I've been hearing about last week from my family and television. Philippines was hit by a typhoon last month and killed fifty-nine people. Many were either killed, gone missing, or stuck on top of their roofs. Typhoon Nalgae slammed the island, then made it's way around China. As of today, it is still flooding there. Seven towns in Manila are deluge. Hundreds of locals are isolated on rooftops waiting for help. Help did come, but they need more.

The only typhoon I have experience are the ones at amusement parks. But anyways, since I have family there, my parents and aunties, and uncles and everyone are worried about them. Fortunately, none of my families over there in the Philippines were hurt. I feel very said for the people over there. The things they have gone through, and the things they need to face now. They lost many things. Such as their houses, precious belongings and/or a relative or friend. Damn. I wonder how that feels like. Trying to survive a typhoon. Here in California, all we have are earthquakes, that's it. Right now, my mom and grandma are sending my family over there some foods and clothes because they feel bad and really need some of them. Let's just be happy that it already passed and Nalgae is gone. Even though it left many damages and killed many lives, people there are strong and have faith on a new day. My prayers go out to the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment